Monday, August 3, 2009

2.5 weeks to go!

Time is winding down and before you know it i'll be exiting a plane in Toronto. I'm feeling about a 50/50 split between excited to come home and sad to leave. Luckily, or rather thankfully, there will be another volunteer replacing me for another 3.5 months and she's arriving really soon so I'll get a chance to show her around Paga and introduce some good people. I feel pretty good with my placement on the whole, sure there's plenty of things I "should, could would" have done which I'll be sharing in my final report, but I'm very thankful for the opportunity to meet all the incredible people, see-hear-feel all that I did, good and bad, and I'm thankful for all the learning. Being far from home help me appreciate all the wonderful people I'm lucky to have in my life, and I truly mean it when I say thanks for all the different types of support.

I don't know if I'll get a chance to post a couple more times before leaving, I'll put in the effort though, as you probably guessed I'll be quite busy finalizing all that I'm doing. Whatever the case, when I get back to Canada I'll put up a lot more pics, blog writing, and of course the videos I spent hours trying to upload here. When I head back south to Tamale in a couple weeks I'll try to prepare another post about my work and hopefully some pics about the people from the compound and work.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment