Tuesday, May 5, 2009

In the beginning...




I arrived in TO on time and made it to the EWB house no problem, it was a good start to what I think will be a long summer. There’s only (what I call) “Team Ghana” or “Team G” here for pre-departure training to my surprise – I was expecting like 40 people crammed in a house sleeping on the floor. Apparently the other JF’s going to Burkina Faso, Zambia, and Malawi will be here the next week for training, so right now there’s only about 14 of us heading to Ghana.

I’m enjoying my time with everyone so far, sharing some initial feelings and talking about this and that, I’m sure that by the end we will become friends and get together once in a while in Ghana. Today we start our training sessions at the UofT with Levi (overseas program director) Alanna (JuniorFellowSuportStaff West Africa) and Melissa (JFSS Southern Africa). I already enjoy being around a group of like minded people and ‘talking development’ and everyone seems pretty friendly, so I’m really looking forward to this week of thinking and learning. I’m reading to find out what I know and what I don’t know, and find out if I really know what I think I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment