Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My blog is your blog


In a workshop at UofT.
We were in this room all week, or what
Adam D. referredto is as 'the jail'




On the way home from school



We’ve had tons of workshops and discussions about a wide range of topics, some including rural livelihoods, culture shock, health and safety, gender issues, monitoring and evaluation, and communicating and messaging while overseas. The last one here, I’ve been thinking about more and more especially with this blog. I’m not exactly sure but I think people reading this blog are pretty different and interested in different things, so I’ll do what I can to keep that in mind so as to not focus only on one or two things like only work or only my home-stay. One of my goals of this blog is to keep everyone involved and hopefully feeling like they are a part of this experience. I understand that not everyone gets the opportunity to travel to Ghana, and I’m lucky to have been given this chance, so I’ll do what I can to illustrate one perspective of Ghana, but if anyone has any suggestions, ideas, questions, comments, or any feedback (positive or constructive) I’d really appreciate it. I don’t want this blog to only be about me, it would be great to get some of your perspectives and answer some questions about people and places in Ghana.

I guess I’ll leave off with a question that Parker (co-CEO) sent me via text message: should EWB work more with women or men farmers? What are the pros and cons of both?

No comments:

Post a Comment